As the temperature is dropping here in London, am sure you’ll also enjoy a soul warming and taste bud pleasing new recipe to prepare for the last work day of the week.
Teff has been my latest obsession lately, I just can’t get bored of the yummy nutty flavour, so easy to cook it, and it’s also gluten free. Hope you’ll enjoy it too, happy experimenting!
Breakfast for champions 4.
Teff porridge with apple and blueberry sauce
- 1 tsp of organic raw coconut oil
- 40-50g teff flakes (you can get them in any health food store or order online)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 100ml organic unsweetened almond/hazelnut/coconut milk
- 50 ml water
- 2-3 tbsp organic apple and blueberry puree
- almond flakes to dress
- optional – coconut yoghurt to dress
- optional – bee pollen to dress
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the teff flakes for a few minutes – add the cinnamon and stir for another minute. Once all mixed, add the almond milk and cook it on a lower temperature for a few minutes, then add the apple and blueberry puree and mix well. If it needs to be more liquid, add the water and cook all the ingredients for a few more minutes.
Serve it in a bowl, add flaked almonds and if you like coconut yoghurt and/or bee pollen to dress.
Enjoy and let me know if you also enjoyed the flavour.
Leave your comment in the box below.